$400 for jeans

So the other day we had a conversation about brand name clothing and how they can be really expensive. So i decided to look up True religion and i found out that they were selling jeans on their site for as high as 400 dollars. That’s enough to buy a box of no-brand jeans, but yet people still buy these 400 dollar jeans. I understand that they may do it for style or just to be wearing something that is a name brand, but sometimes i think that some companies go overboard. What do you guys think? here is a link if you want to check out the website.

http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/l/7033?sort=salehtl

4 thoughts on “$400 for jeans

1. What I think is as intriguing as the costs of these jeans is the brand title: True Religion. Is this company stating that commercialism has replaced our faith in the higher powers?

2. I just want to say that $400 jeans are insane. But then again, that’s only because I can only make $400 in about a month’s work. So it may be majorly overpriced to me, but perhaps someone who makes $400 a day can easily afford it. Thus, True Religion may not be a brand for everyone. For example, not everyone can afford to purchase Louis Vuitton handbags but LV is still a prosperous and flourishing company, which means that there is definitely some demand for it. Basically what I’m saying is, it may seem ridiculous to us, but to others $400 jeans may not be a big deal.

• What you are not addressing is whether there is a major difference between $400 jeans and $50 jeans? What is the buyer getting for her money other than a label?

3. $400? They may be brand name jeans, but for $400 I would expect them to last a long time. If I buy them and they end up lasting as long as a $15-30 pair of jeans then why spend more for the same thing? Despite that, the fact that the price is high and people are still buying the jeans means that something must be working in their marketing strategy. As long as their target consumers are satisfied True Religion will keep selling their $400 jeans to the public.