Not-So-Family Christmas

Not So Family Christmas

So I came across this NBC christmas special, hosted by Blake Shelton. It’s really funny and involves various performances of popular holiday songs, as well as short, humorous skits about the holidays. This special also makes a lot of references to the TV show “The Voice,” so if you like that show, I recommend this! Also, if you have 40 minutes to kill, that’s how long this program runs for.

What do you guys think the purpose of incorporating holidays and humor?

Aren’t the holidays already a joyful time, why do we need to make them humorous?

3 thoughts on “Not-So-Family Christmas

1. A deeper analysis of the show would have been appreciated. This show is a bit tasteless, at least its opening is—and on purpose. I only got through about 7 minutes. But what does this offering say about country music? Also about fame? And although Blake Shelton is a country star, The Voice made him into a superstar, who now has a national following.
    Woody Allen once wrote that a country gets the celebrities it deserves.

2. I think part of the reason holidays are enjoyable is because of the humor. Humor makes it more than just spending time with your family or friends. It makes it more special.