Advice for all of us freshmen

The semester is finally coming to an end. We’re facing our daunting finals head on. We’re all still trying to find a niche in this college. No one really knows what they want to do till they’ve experience a variety of things. I found a useful list of advice, from a senior at Fordham University, that I thought would be beneficial to read and think about.

Here it is: http://thoughtcatalog.com/celia/2013/12/22-college-seniors-on-their-advice-to-college-freshmen/

Some pieces of advice may not apply to everyone but it is pretty generalized and encompasses the college experience in most aspects.

P.s. It contains some profanity but I’m sure everyone can handle it.

4 thoughts on “Advice for all of us freshmen

1. I liked the advice because of everything that has been going around me this semester. Some family issues have arisen again, and there are some major decisions I have to make in terms of my future. I can say with certainty at this point that I do not have a clue about what I want to do in the future. There are just too many factors to consider. Perhaps, I will try to follow the tips in that list, and then maybe my life will sort itself out.

2. My favorite of the bunch: “Boys suck. Accept defeat and eat another donut.” Sounds like it’s definitely spoken from experience, and gives a wonderful alternative solution: food! Also, I like that there’s an unsaid advice of being careful of your priorities. College is about being independent, but that means a high chance of messing up.

3. “You’re going to want to make all new friends and have all new experiences in college and if you stay too attached to your high school experience, you won’t be open to everything that high school has to offer. Don’t focus on what made you, you in high school. Figure out what your mark in college is going to be—and figure out with whom you’re going to make it.” Reading this piece of advice kind of reminded of myself. Me and my highschool friends are really really close; and even though we’re all in different schools now we made a pact that we’re still going to be each other’s most important friends. In college now I seem to have gotten close to a few people, and because of that there’s always fights with my old friends, why I am leaving them behind. Just a random thought. I don’t want to forget them. It just seems so hard when our lives seem so different now…