There are two goals here. First, we want to turn your imovies into exportable video, and second we want to be able to upload a video to this class site so that it’s directly viewable (embedded), rather than just a link.
To do that, follow these steps:
- when your project is finished, click share>export as movie. When the dialogue box appears, save the movie to, say, your desktop.
- upload movie to youtube or vimeo. Whichever you chose is up to you, but the instructions that follow refer to youtube.. You’ll need to create an account, but once you do, uploading is as easy as clicking ‘upload video’ and finding the movie you saved to your desktop. NOTE: Remember that copywrited material will cause problems, particularly music that you don’t own the rights to. We’ll discuss how to deal with this in an upcoming post.
- Now you need to embed your movie into a class page. First, copy the embed code from your youtube video. You can find it here:
- Go to our class site and create a new post.
- copy that shortcode drectly into ‘visual’ tab (that is, you do not have to switch to the html tab to embed your video)
- click the category ‘on the scream’
- publish the post
- YOU’RE DONE!