About Me

Now there is an image of me on one of my better days. Without getting too personal, touchy/feely, etc, etc, I would like to say that my life is not all “rainbows and butterflies.” But for the purposes of this I would like to say that I am a debater. I take the other side of things, the critical side, sometimes too far. Why? First of all agreeing is boring. I do not, I cannot, subscribe to the whole go with the flow school of thinking because the flow means very little to me. What is the flow other than the sum of decisions by individuals? So I should just accept what is because those who are in power have decided and managed to get enough people below them to accept those decisions through whatever means possible/profitable? (You can see where this is going.)

In my work I like to ask questions. I also defend positions that “common sense” has given up. By defending, say, Marxism, I feel like one has a better platform from which to examine capitalism. I have also a set of questions which I will probably get to develop in the next few years. I may want my own platform for that. So then this blog, this website, or scrapbook, this thing will attempt to understand what is being said and why it is being said. Fine, you saw art, pretty, shiny, look at all the nice colors. That has very little use to me, I get very bored very quickly by that. I understand that the flow is more complicated than that, that the flow is a cultural force. But that has been ever so greatly capitalized in the modern world. But now I am doing what I do again, discussing, thinking on paper, again.

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://eportfolios.macaulay.cuny.edu/konstantinsscrapbook/about/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.