Pabvitraa’s Bio

Hi everyone! My name is Pabvitraa Ramcharan. I’m a sophomore double majoring in Economics and Political Science. I was born, raised, and currently reside in Queens. Attending Townsend Harris High School in Flushing, Queens exposed me to the world of politics, leading me to work on a grassroots State Senate campaign (we lost, though) and volunteer at the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs for Materials for the Arts. I prefer tea over coffee, probably a remnant from the British colonial days of Guyana, where my parents are from. When I’m not sipping tea, I enjoy writing for our college’s student run newspaper, The Ticker, where I have been featured multiple times in the “Opinions section.

I’ve studied three languages, Spanish, Italian, and Latin, the latter of which I received two summa cum laude awards, and hope to one day become fluent in all of them. Other pastimes include visiting museums, watching Al Pacino in The Godfather trilogy and Scarface, learning the ultimate strategy in the board game Risk, binging The Great British Baking Show, and spending time with my parents and friends. In the future, I hope to intern at the NYC City Council and pursue a Master’s degree after graduation. This class is definitely useful for understanding the NYC policies that affect us all, and I cannot wait to understand our role in preserving our ecosystems and communities!

This entry was posted in Personal bios. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Pabvitraa’s Bio

1. Douglas Muzzio says:

Fluent in Latin? Not too many Latin-speakers these days.