Before the actors even started to speak they looked all around the theater making eye contact with as many audience members as possible. There were three actors. At first, what struck me were the different accents that each actor had: French, English, and South African. They all have different voice tones. The main actor who played ‘Sammy’ always had intense expressions whenever she spoke as if the words were coming from somewhere deep inside her.

There were a spare amount of props, so the actors had to mime many props-they acted with nothing. Since there were only three actors, they played different roles, and they sort of tricked the audience members. I believed they were one character, and then the actor switches to a different character and I believed he was that character too.

I also liked how the piano player came up as an actor. Then, for the rest of the show I felt more of a connection with the music, because I felt like I knew the piano player a little bit more.

The actors used a lot of gesticulations, and they were very useful for visualizing what they were saying. Throughout the play the actors spoke to the audience and then went back to the story. This gave the audience insight into the story, and a more intimate connection with the characters.

At one point in the play, an actor mimes painting a picture, and although it was acted well, I would have loved to see the painting. Now that I think about it, I guess this allows the audience to imagine the painting for themselves, because with imagination there are no limits.

In a few parts in the show the actors went into the audience, and called up people from the audience. They acted so seamlessly that, for that moment I forgot I was at a play.