The Vuyami African Dance performed at Fall For Dance was very engaging and exhibited a lot of talent from the dancers. The dance consisted of a lot of full body movements in which the dancer’s bodies appeared to be popping and pulsating. A lot of arm waving and spinning was also used. This attention grabbing choreography appeared to follow the music that was being played in the background. The music, which featured a lot of drum use and sounded very traditionally tribal, was slow paced at the beginning of the performance, but increased in speed as the dance went on. When the music was slow, there was less movement from the dancers but the movement was more intense, like the popping movements. When the music was faster faced, there were more of the spinning and wild arm movements. The dancers were wearing shirts with long ends, so when the dancers spun their shirts would also spin, adding to chaotic and wild feel the dance gave off. Within the chaotic choreography, there was order, which was very interesting and exciting. The dancers would constantly change places with each other and spin in opposite directions from the dancers next to them, which shows teamwork and planned actions. From watching the dance performance, the story line that the dancers were making an offering to a God was not very clear to me, but the dance in itself was exciting despite the obscure story line. The most intriguing part of the performance was during the final moments of the dance when the music was fast paced but all the dancers except for one were completely still. They seemed to be counteracting the music, which was the only time the dancers really conveyed emotion. Having never been to a dance performance before, I never thought myself a fan of dance and was a little unsure of what to expect from the Vuyami performance. I found myself happily surprised when the dance turned out to be engaging, fun, and a little wild.