Attending Brooklyn College’s Open Mic was a truly remarkable experience. It is one thing to hear renowned writers perform but seeing your peers perform poetry, songs, scenes, and monologues is something unique and rewarding. It was amazing to see the amount of talent that students in Brooklyn College possess and how each performer was completely open about their feelings and lives in their presentations. No one held back and every performer gave their presentation their best effort. No one judged anyone for their honesty and the atmosphere was really relaxed and inviting. A performance that really struck me was a performer who performed a song. The lyrics were so honest and he was a really talented singer. Another fascinating performance was a girl who sang a song about little red riding hood. She had a really unique interpretation of the fairy tale. A lot of the poetry was really well written; it was surprising that students could write so well. I truly enjoyed my experience at Open Mic.