Carnegie Hall captures all attention just from its red carpets, gold accents on the walls, and elaborate architecture. Just stepping inside filled me with wonder and awe. Then, when Anne-Sophie Mutter entered the stage in her bright yellow gown, all eyes were on her and that’s where they remained throughout the whole performance.

Hearing Anne- Sophie Mutter and her students play Vivaldi’s Four Seasons at Carnegie Hall was truly a remarkable experience. I had never heard a live instrumental performance before, and the way Anne- Sophie Mutter and her students played their string instruments was extraordinary. I felt as if I could get lost in the music. Each season seemed to tell a story that feels as if it captures the time of year that it is trying to express. Summer was calm and happy while winter began fast then turned joyful when the music was describing the holiday season. I was amazed at the power of live classical music, especially how music composed centuries ago is still relevant and beautiful today.

The whole performance was fascinating, including the two encores that were very much wanted by the audience. I had little experience with classical music in my life, but this performance opened me up to the wonders of classical music.