Coming into the warmth of Carnegie Hall after walking out side in the freezing cold wind was a relief. I was very excited to be here and be able to hear Ms. Mutter play. I felt as if I was going to get a gift or something, it was that kind of excitement as I went up the stairs. I just wanted to know where my seat was so I could relax and tune in to nothing but the sweet sounds of the strings. The first half of the show consisted of the Concerto for Two Violins, Strings, and Continuo in D Minor, by Bach. We had discussed in class about the genius of Bach. He is able to make the strings resonate and answer each other by incorporating a change from high to low and then back to high frequency. He also changed the speed at which the notes where played giving me having a sense of anxiousness until the deeper strings were played. I have to admit that it was very enjoyable and I did not think I would be so drawn into this style of music. Ms. Mutter was very elegantly dressed and her technique was amazing.

The next work was by Andre Previn with his Concerto for Violin and String Orchestra. I thought that it consisted of more softer and smoother type of notes and this did not match the excitement that I had at the moment. I did like the soloist playing at the beginning because it drew my attention in and the joining and breaking away from the rest of the orchestra was really nice to hear. I also enjoyed his deeper notes near the end of the performance, it showed me that I enjoy fast paced sounds and really deep slow resonating sounds.

Out of the performances, I know that I enjoyed Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons the most. I think I enjoyed it because it was variable and the stories behind them where humorous. Out of the four pieces, I enjoyed Winter the most. It had a lot of anticipation type of sounds, and I felt as if I was going on a journey. It was very fast paced and also there were a lot of responses from the orchestra to the main violinist. It was very exciting that the movements made by some of the players made their shoes slip of the stage. Its ending was exciting and simply wonderful work of art. I hope I can go back to hear another performance soon.

I was very happy that she played for us, two encores that not only were complex, but super fast paced. I was thrilled and when it ended I just had a jolt of excitement all over my body. It was definitely an unforgettable experience and one that will be cherished all my life.