Stepping into the lobby of Carnegie Hall was similar to stepping into the lobby of the Metropolitan Opera House. Prior to attending these special Macaulay Honors events, I had only dreamed of one day watching a performance at these two prestigious concert halls. Finally, my dream came true!

Upon entering the venue, I already felt like I was floating on clouds. The serenity of the concert hall, the sophistication, everything seemed to fall perfectly in place. As Anne-Sophie Mutter and her ensemble of young, budding musicians entered the stage, the entire hall gradually quieted down and readied themselves for a night to remember. Ms. Mutter’s violin had the most serene and smooth sound, instantly engulfing me in a calm and relaxed atmosphere. The piece that I enjoyed the most is also a classic that even non-fans of classical music have listened to one point in their lives, Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. “Spring,” which is arguably the most recognized of the four, never fails to bring me back to my first year of high school, when I was required to take a music appreciation class. Hearing Ms. Mutter and her ensemble play, I was instantly whisked away to the third row seat of the first floor chorus room where I first heard this beautiful piece. Ms. Mutter’s playing that night brought back much cherished memories of my high school years, and it created new memories that I will cherish well into the future.