Carnegie Hall- Mood

Writing about mood isn’t when listening to a symphony is difficult considering that every piece that is gives a different emotion and feeling towards every audience member. For me the first piece by Joseph Hayden gave off the impression that it was really solemn and festive at the same time. I feel that I was a part of an old fashioned Victorian ball and that the people who were participating in the dance were really dispassionate with each other but had no choice but to dance with each other. Thats why the piece felt as if it was really lonely and that the fast paced music was trying to make up for this fact.  Another mood that I felt was when I was watching John Adams Andantino-  Energico it felt as if i was running frantically through the forest to get away from something. It was a pure rush of adrenaline that i felt as i was listening. Yet my favorite piece was the encore because you truly felt that the quartet were playing something they actually wanted to play. They were more emotional and happy towards it. This experience was overall beautiful because i felt happy, sad, energetic, and solemn at the same time. If I experienced all these emotions during the span of these 2 hours then the symphony did a great job.