It’s only a daaaay aaaaaaaawaaaaay

Yes, I am singing this very obnoxiously in my head. You’re welcome, family that is home, for the fact that it is not happening aloud.

Speaking of annoying things, my printer isn’t exactly cooperating with my ticket and itinerary printing needs 😛 I have all day, though. It’s a pesky little critter. Never does what I want the first time. I think it’s testing me, like a two year old.

I shall conquer all things today, however, because I AM LEAVING. Nothing can stop me. (Probably just jinxed myself right there) I may be making bad decisions, like bringing Jane Eyre as one of my plane books, but we are leaving my house at 9 tomorrow so I can fly out of Logan airport in the evening. We should be waaaay good on time unless some freak, Hurricane Irene-like situation occurs. *feels need to pray despite admitted agnosticism*

Fun little video to reassure everyone I’ll be fine:
(the fact that they’re speaking German is a pure coincidence, I swear)

Oh and I hope the plane doesn’t crash and I don’t get abducted by a serial killer or robbed or have a way premature heart attack or lose my luggage or miss my bus or realize they forgot to book me a room at the dorms or have a crazy roommate.

Now that I’ve covered all my bases, I’m feeling pretty good about this. Today is my packing day, which means I’m hanging out with one of my friends for a couple hours, cooking dinner for my parents one more time, then watching tv until packing becomes completely inevitable. After that, I’ll stay up all night getting my stuff together. I have lists and everything.

I get to have one personal item (45 inches), one carry-on (62 inches), and one bag (50 lbs). So, the bag and the carry-on I understand, but if you’ve ever thought about the personal item thing, please share. Why in the world not just call it large carry-on and small carry-on? This “personal item” idea is not something I can easily process. Who named it? It brings to mind garish picture frames around family reunion photos or the teddy bear I got the Christmas I was four… Maybe somebody wants to bring their grandma’s cremated ashes or their porn collection. Who can define personal item? As long as it’s 45 inches, I guess.

Well, I hope you’re adequately disturbed now 🙂

Okay, so the “travel within the US” section explains it much better:

I’ll blog a few more times before I post this thing on facebook (because, you know, everyone cares)

Lots of Love,

Julia

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.