As ready as I’m gonna be

Hey all,

This is the first post you’ll see because it’s the last one I’m writing before I go. It still seems kind of unreal, like I’m living someone else’s super awesome dream life. But it’s mine. I got a random scholarship and now I’m going to Spain, and although it usually takes years to become fluent in a language, I like to challenge myself to the (almost) impossible. I’d really like to do it by the time I get back. Kinda promised some people 🙂

I'll buy vegan food here and get the rest at Mercadona (^healthfood store. popular supermarket^)

I keep thinking I forgot something because Julia packing is like a sieve picking up a sandy substance. Some of the stuff is not going to go where you were trying to put it. Maybe I’ll be lucky this time and all the chargers will be in the right place, or I’ll have enough shirts or I’ll avoid whatever else has the potential to be funny and slightly inconvenient upon arrival.

I’ll get to Residencia la Ribera around 3 in the afternoon on Saturday (Spain time), I believe. Does that give me enough time to go shopping for some food and do a dry run of walking to the University? What if I’m supersuper tired from 19+ hours of traveling? Maybe I’ll be busy with some sort of program they have for me and other Saturday arrivals at the residence. I’m fine with whatever, but I do hope my room is on the third floor. I wanna be on top. (and have an outside walkway that reminds me of a balcony)

Maybe I'll have a window seat!

So I’m working out for the first time in over a week today (netflix dance videos ftw), taking one of those lovely heatless showers that I believe are giving me something of a cold, and then checking my suitcases for the last time.

We’re leaving at 9 am to go get my mom from work and then head to Boston. My sister is skipping her Friday classes so she can come with us to say goodbye to me. 🙂 Not gonna worry about the airport adieu until the time is upon us.

I really love flying. It’s so exhilarating because nothing else exists. It feels like I could be heading anywhere, to do anything. Nobody knows my name or my destination. It’s amazing.

I’m so excited!

Love,

Julia

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to As ready as I’m gonna be