Blah, I wasted my weekend

Very common complaint, very straightforward solution. Decide to spend less money by staying in more, walking in the park, and not going to the disco every week like the locals. It gets boring anyway, and it’s a superlong walk. And they charge 10 euros on the weekends. Just no.

This week, no going out, no matter who whines at me. I am actually capable of writing my budget now that I know what’s in the international account (basically nothing), and I am, in fact, very proud of myself that I will do so. I spent my freshman year not living by an exact, measured budget, and I know I will benefit from having one.

I need to be in control, and control is homework. Control is staying in on a schoolnight. Control is learning Spanish through language exchanges (which I do have) instead of trying to talk to people over the booming pop music. It’s not like I’m a party animal, in the city I did not go out every week, or even every two weeks. Scaling back now, and I’ll be happier for it. 🙂

Love

Julia

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.