Stephenie Meyer is a Mormon

..which makes me doubt the faith after having been brainwashed into her little cult of crazy screaming girls and moms for a good four years. But we can give everything a second chance.

So I have two friends from Utah who are super-Mormon, and asked me to come to church with them. I like church, and it’s in spanish, so I went. Three hours of godliness after going out the night before, and I’m sure you know I nodded off a few times. Whoopsie.

The church is more like a club building because they don’t have enough money for a bigger space yet, and the chairs were all close together during the different sessions. See, mormon church starts out with everyone together for an hour, for a sermon-like sharing time. Then, you get separated by age, and you get sort of a lesson but you can all talk about what you think. Afterwards, it’s gender-separation time, and there’s some intense, interesting discussing there, too. I didn’t participate, on account of my neither being Spanish nor Mormon and all. We talked about how God is everywhere, how he’s our father, and stuff. It was interesting and some great Spanish-language immersion. I’m seriously planning on speaking almost solely in Spanish when I come back from Christmas break. I need to find a tv series that I like, and that has subtitles so I actually know what words are happening.

Anywho, after church we went to my friend’s boyfriend’s place and cooked veggie-laden food. They had been served solely meat by a misled man who was cooking without his wife there over the weekend, and they were unable to ingest more… worked well for me because fruits, veggies, bread, and potatoes (WHICH ARE NEITHER, thank you very much. I don’t care what the world thinks) make my lil vegan heart skip a beat. Oh and AJO… so much ajo. That means garlic but I realized I freaking love that word. Ajoooo

The missionaries tried to convert me, and I applaud their effort. They inspired me to pray, just not to be mormon. Also, one of my new friends, who is also my conversation partner (German-Spanish) gave me his own, old, used, loved book of mormon. It’s in English and he took it to Germany with him when he was there for a year. He wrote a lovely dedication in the front. It made me want to convert just to make them happy…. which made me think about other things I’ve been doing to make other people happy.

Also I called my Mami. <3

Love,

Juliaaaa

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Stephenie Meyer is a Mormon