Currently Under Construction (excuse for crappy layout?)

Hi all!

Since I am moving back to Manhattan, I’m searching for the right combination of sleek professionalism and free-spirited whimsy (synonyms? 😛 ) to give this blog a new look.

I’m trying out new things, cleaning up, and packing my stuff to move to the city for the year. Yes, my blog revamp is going along with my life revamp. I just vacuumed a few rooms at my parents’ house after trying out seamlessly repeating backgrounds on my blog until I wanted to throw something at my baby (He’s a Macbook Pro; his name is Mr. Loca Sant Pau del Pilar; and like any other child, he should not be abused).

Thankfully, I received a call from my summer employer. She’s picking me up to go to work at 1, so now I have to rush to clean the house before I go. My mom asked me to make things presentable because one of my uncles and one of my cousins are coming to stay for the weekend. They’re arriving tomorrow during the day, just in time to be present for my move. The fact that I have to go to work in a few hours takes away the pressure of creating a presentable blog and replaces it with house cleaning pressure (involves less thinking=preferable) ^.^

What my trip to the city will look like.

Yes, we’re all going down to the city together. My mom, my dad, my best friend, my uncle, and my cousin. My bed and some of my stuff will come, too, but I don’t think I need to explain why my parents are going to make another trip down in a week or so. It’s okay, though. This way everyone gets to be in NYC for a bit, and I get to think about what exactly I need before my parents hop on by a second time. Also, I get to see my parents more than once this month 🙂

If my flatmates and I get the internet situation figured out soon, I will be able to continue working on this the second I get down there. If not, I guess I’ll have more time for my job search.

Whatever. Either way, the point is that I’m getting reorganized, and my blog is going to look a little challenged for a wee bit.

Suggestions welcome.

Love,

Julia

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Summer 2012 and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Currently Under Construction (excuse for crappy layout?)