Miró

I) Miró alludes to Joan Miró, who was a Spanish painter from the late 19th century to the late 20th century during many periods of art including surrealism, fauvism, cubism, abstract, realism and modern art. The title of the chapter “Miró, Miró, on the Wall” is a reference to the popular line from Snow White, “Mirror, mirror, on the wall”. The main character of the chapter, Claire, says this because she is a fairly high-class woman living in a nice house and is very depressed over her son that died and seems to be unsure if she is more dead than her son is. She appears to be very affected over the tragic loss of her son.

II) Primary characters: Adelita, Blaine, Ciaran, Claire, Corrigan, Fernando, Gloria + the other mothers, Jazzlyn, Lara, Phillipe, Sam + other hackers, Solomon and Tillie. They’re is about 65 human interactions now (may be off by a few) that I can point out.

Lara was with Blaine while he was driving and they were the ones who crashed into Corrigan’s car while he and Jazzlyn were in it, resulting in both of their deaths. The interaction that interested me the most was between Lara and Ciaran because she first told him that it was her driving the car, while it was actually Blaine. Ciaran forgives her for it and Lara realizes she wants to leave Blaine and we earn that previously when Lara and Ciaran went to get a drink, she told him that she actually wasn’t the one driving, to which Ciaran responds that he knew all along and then kisses her. It’s kind of weird that things turned out like this since she was in the car responsible for killing his brother and that Lara actually decides that she wants to leave her husband Blaine probably a little for what he did and how he treats it, plus the whole Ciaran situation.

Published by

One thought on “Miró”

1. I agree that it was pretty weird how Ciaran forgives Lara after finding out she was the reason why his brother died. I mentioned in my post that I thought of this as Ciaran’s character developing similar characteristics of Corrigan. His forgiveness can be seen as a symbol of his development as a result of Corrigan’s death.