Income Inequality Discussion

In connection with my little rant on the previous article, I found an article that proposes solutions and ideas that are being discussed by economists. The article (linked below) provides a brief explanation of the income inequality issue and then also lists various solutions that are being discussed by top economists. The article also focuses more the economics of the issue as opposed to the politics of the issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/opinion/sunday/nicholas-kristof-inequality-is-a-choice.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Fnicholas-kristof

2 thoughts on “Income Inequality Discussion

1. This article points out an important point about economic inequality in America; it is something that has occurred due to our decisions, not something that has happened to us. But it made me think, where would the idea of blame avoiding have even come from? I think it’s important to note the role of mainstream media, some of which that are controlled by these same higher power billionaires, have in the perpetuation of this falsehood. When our media and democratic system are owned by the same wealthy few and the allocation of money is considered free speech, is it really any surprise that our policies and national conversation demonize those who we should be trying to help.