Introducing : Ralph Schneider

My name is Ralph.  I introduced myself as “ridiculous”, but I’m actually kind of nice if you get to know me (I would like to think so anyway.) I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY.  I am Jew-ish (I’m actually pretty Jewish, I just like to make that joke a lot.) Originally, I was opposed to writing all about myself in this post because then I would have no conversation starters to use with the people that read this and no one would ever want to talk to me again *sad face* (I get over dramatic a lot-that happens) but eventually I gave in and I was like fine, everyone else is doing it (which is totally against my mentality of being a leader not a follower) but it is homework so it is in accordance with my policy of being a hard-worker *thumbs up*.

But, enough about me.  *Strike that, reverse it* this whole thing is about me. Ahem.

I attended Brooklyn Technical High School, and it was there that I discovered my love for acting and the theatre.  I performed in three musicals during my time there.  In my first production, I played The Schoolmaster in Pink Floyd’s: The Wall (inset) Peep the mullet looking thing on my head.  Then, I played Danny Zuko in Grease (inset) Once again, peep the hair.  Last, but not least, most recently I played Fred Graham in Kiss Me, Kate. This time, don’t focus on the hair, peep the tights…they were strangely comfortable. (inset) I was even a finalist at this year’s Gershwin Awards for NYC high school musical theatre.  I am also a member of the Thomas G. Waites acting studio (classes are held in the Bernie West Theater right at Baruch-how convenient).  Hopefully, I’ll make Broadway someday!

The Wall

The Wall

Grease

Grease

Kiss Me, Kate

Kiss Me, Kate

I am also a huge baseball fan.  I played on my school’s varsity team for all four years of high school.  I am a very big fan of the New York Yankees as well as the hometown Brooklyn Cyclones (of which I am a season ticket holder).  I hope to make Baruch’s baseball team!

My favorite baseball picture of myself

My favorite baseball picture of myself

I am also an avid music lover! I’m sure many of you heard me sing Frank Sinatra’s “Fly Me To The Moon” at Baruch Beginnings or Macaulay’s Freshman Mixer…or most recently “New York, New York” at Baruch’s Get Out The Vote Campaign.  You guessed it, I’m quite a big Sinatra fan.  My musical taste also includes Billy Joel, The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Michael Buble, Barbra Streisand (whom I got to sing with as a part of the Brooklyn Youth Chorus-below), and Josh Groban.  I have previously been hired as a Michael Jackson impersonator (I will show you pictures on request).  I have also just joined as a member of the internationally renowned a capella group THE MACAULAY TRIPLETS!

That's me on the far left

That’s me on the far left

I am also an impressionist and comedian. Go easy on me guys, it’s not as easy as it looks to be funny.  (Please disregard my mother in the background-you know how they get)

Watch!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRE4mZD_gGk

My current plan is to major in Biology and minor in theatre but that is subject to change.  My goal in life (though it may sound cliché) is to make people happy, and if I can do that in whatever job I decide to do in the future, as long as I enjoy what I am doing, then that’s all I could ever ask for.

Well, that’s basically me in a nutshell; how did I get in this nutshell? (Austin Powers reference there).  I look forward to my next four years in Macaulay.  I’ve met a bunch of great people already and I look to broaden my social horizons even more in the future.

Please take the opportunity to say hi or get to know me better

Ralph signing off!