Physical Activity During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Since March, we have been advised to stay at home to reduce the effects of the Coronavirus. We studied how the physical activity and health of adults in the United States have been affected as a result.

In this study, we utilize health trackers, surveys, and various other peer review studies to accumulate a data pool that we analyze and draw conclusions from to assess the health and state of physical activity among adults in the United States. We hypothesize that due to COVID-19 restrictions, physical activity for an average adult, disregarding their socioeconomic status, has decreased and thus, negatively affected their physical health, which is observable through signs of weight gain and decreased physical activity. Overall our results indicate a correlation between COVID-19 restrictions and negative impacts on physical health.

By: Salma Benitez, Sarah Shalan, Tahrima Chowdhury, & Washif Awal

1 thought on “Physical Activity During the COVID-19 Pandemic

1. Amazing poster! I really enjoyed this straightforward text and pretty depictions that really made your poster stand out to me. I bet this was an interesting topic to study to see past rates on how active people were.