Food and Alcohol

The Rocket.(Euston) I went to this bar a few weeks ago for the first time. Unlike basically any other place with a DJ that I have been to has had a cover to get in, this place does not. They play basic popular music with occasional old school hits. Alcohol is moderately priced. The only downside is that because of location the place is quite popular among the NYU London crowd. Also, it has been extremely crowded each time I was there. There is a regular mix of people with mostly 20 year olds and then creepy older people in suits. Also some people think that they are tough and try to get into fights. Despite these downsides it is a pretty good time.

Porter House (Covent Garden). Another good place because there is no cover. There is some music but it is more of a place to just drink beer and chill. Outside tables can be found with heat lamps.

Markets. Any of the markets around London are bound to have delicious ethnic food at a cheap price. So far, I have been to Portobello Market (lots of other stuff besides food), Camden Town, and Brick Lane.