Introduction

Me in Disney World over the summer

Hey everyone! My name is Keith Stegner. I was born on Long Island, where most of my dad’s family lives, but my family moved upstate when I was little. I grew up in a town about half an hour from Poughkeepsie. I had come here to New York City quite a few times throughout my life, sometimes for school, sometimes with family, and sometimes with friends.

When it came time to choose a college, I knew I wanted to come here because I love the city and it is just the right distance so I can live away from home but can easily go back whenever I want. After spending my life in the country, I knew I wanted to get away to the city, where things are a bit busier and there are fewer trees and more buildings. I am living at the EHS New Yorker Residence, which I moved into just before the hurricane came.

I like computers as well as TV and movies. A few of my favorite shows are Modern Family, Bones, Family Guy, and South Park, although there are many more. I can never think of a favorite movie because there are too many for me to pick just one or even a few. I am a huge fan of The Sims. I have every game in the Sims 2 series and all but one in the first series, although I haven’t bought any Sims 3 games. I also like to take pictures and I took a graphic design class in high school that I really enjoyed.

I love to travel. So far the only other country I’ve been to is England (unless you count about half an hour in Canada at Niagara Falls) but I hope to add many more to that list in the future. However, I have traveled quite a bit along the east coast. Also, I went to Disney World for the fifth time this summer. Most of my relatives on my mom’s side are in the Disney Vacation Club and go almost every year so we join them every few years.

So far I have been enjoying my college experience and I can’t wait to get to know everyone better!