professor uchizono

Snapshot Day

FullSizeRender

On the night of snapshot day I found myself wandering the streets of Brooklyn with some friends. Although there was an array of graffitied walls with elaborate murals that I could have photographed none of them really captivated my attention as much as a little corner restaurant that was lit up with all kinds of lights. It was small, intimate and right outside of the entrance hung a glowing sign that read “Late Eats”. I found the sign coincidentally funny since in that moment my friends and I were going out for a late night bite. Visually, I just found that the restaurant’s aesthetic was pleasing to the eye and it looked even better in black and white. I liked how the graffiti looked on the white brick walls on righthand side of the photo. I’m glad I got some people walking on the sidewalk in the shot because to me it is representative what New York City is to me. Even though this was one of the quieter streets of the city, no matter how late it is you will find people roaming the streets and the sidewalks being lit up by the numerous good food places.

While taking the photograph I kept in mind the rule of thirds. I knew I wanted the restaurant to be the focal point of the picture so I tried to place it not in the center but towards the right third of the photo. Although there were no cars in my shot, on the left third of the photo I made sure to show that the street continues down so that the cars figuratively have a place to go rather than straight out of the picture.

Ariella Caminero

1. martinbroooke

It’s fascinating to read about the intersection of diet and lifestyle choices in promoting overall health and wellness. I’ve been experimenting with various dietary changes myself and recently switched to a low-carb diet. One resource that has been incredibly helpful is srsly low carb . They offer a range of low-carb products that make it easy to stick to my diet without feeling deprived. I’ve particularly enjoyed their low-carb bread, which tastes great and helps keep my carb intake in check. It’s amazing how the right diet can make such a big difference!