I can handle horror movies, but I can’t handle these.

Halloween is almost here. Although I don’t often celebrate this holiday, I still love the (“positive”) things associated with it. Candy, horror films, costumes, haunted houses, pumpkin loaf cake, and whatnot. It’s all so much FUN!

But the point of this post isn’t to tell you what I love about Halloween. Or even to talk about Halloween. I just felt like listing some of my fears (on the light-hearted, superficial side). Here are 10 things that creep me out:

10. Those recent Cartoon Network shows (two of which were cancelled): Chowder, Adventure Time, and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Oh and the newer episodes of Spongebob.

9. Mannequins. Talk about creepy~

8. Rumpelstiltskin. Disney edited many original fairytales from downright creepy (read the original Snow White) to “happily ever after”s. However, the version I read of Rumpelstiltskin was freaky. A small man dancing in the woods, demanding the princess’ baby? Not scary at all.

7. (Specific) clowns. They are the “clowns” from the Phillips Carousel ad, Loonette the Clown from The Big Comfy Couch, and Ronald McDonald.

6. When I can hear a fly right by my ear. The sound leaves me in chills even minutes after the fly has passed.

5. Never being able to sleep. The thought of that just makes me shudder in fear.

4. Jocelyn Wildenstein. She’s so scary, I can’t even bare to upload her image on this post. You can google her on your free time.

3. Ventriloquist dummies. The scariest things ever. Seriously, look at them. There one step up from mannequins. Dolls that talk and move! And not to mention those freakish jawlines and creepy cheeks. I guess I have a thing against fake humans…

2. The whole collection of Baby Songs: Baby’s Imagination. I watched this on a VCR tape when I was little on the player in my family’s van, on our road trips. And it’s not supposed to be scary – it’s for kids! But the songs were traumatizing! And the crazy part is I have no idea why! To this day, I am still scared of these songs. Especially “Watcha Witchie Wiz.” I can watch horror movies and thrillers without a problem. They don’t scare me. But this video still scares me.

I finally found the video. It’s on Youtube. I’ll post them here so you can see what haunted my childhood:

http://youtu.be/szXLzWbcxYA

http://youtu.be/_88sgQUkcyM

1. The egg my mom cooked for me this morning.

[For an reference, look at to the featured image up at the top. I couldn’t finish eating it. Instead, I decided to take a picture of it and upload the image on my site. Bwahaha] The creepiest thing. Ever.

What are ten things that freak you out?

Oh, and happy halloween!