A few notes

Salutations readers! I am sitting here, on this Thursday night, waiting for my hair to dry. So, while I wait, I shall talk of some things about me, my eportfolio, and the current events in my life.

The reason why it takes me so long to post: I have noticed that my posts tend to run on the long side. I apologize for anyone who has a short attention span. I know I do. I try to make them up through organization and pictures though! (I hope that makes all the difference.) But yeah, I tend to get really deep in my explanations and such. Each post is like a mini-essay. Sometimes, it takes days, or weeks, for me to finish a post, mainly because the material I want to cover in one post is so bountiful that I procrastinate….and procrastinate. At times I think that I should have made one of those blogs that feature short and simple posts. But that is not suited to this format. And for some reason, I always have a lot to say. Like now. Moving on…

Macaron Day NYC: Thanks to my friend, who doesn’t even live in NYC for most of the year, I discovered Macaron Day NYC. This year, on Tuesday, March 20th, 2012, participating shops will provide free macarons! And if you go to 12 of the participating stores and get a punch card, you can redeem it to get a complimentary 6 piece assorted macaron box from François Payard Bakery. I want to do this. However, because I have school, this day trip will be difficult. I’ll keep you updated on what happens – whether or not I go through with this Macaron Day scrounge

Poor fridge: Yesterday, one of my family’s fridges broke down (yes, we have more than one fridge). My father, being the handyman that he is, fixed it in the morning and voila! All was fine. At dinner, he told my mom that she should take him out for dinner in the upcoming days because he just saved the family $3000 (if we were to buy a new fridge). But woe is daddy. This afternoon, the fridge broke down again. Guess my father spoke too soon. Let me give a little portrait of my daddy: he is, what you would call, a shopaholic. And one of the things he loves to buy is food. My house is always full of food. A positive side of this is: we’ll never be hungry. Unfortunately though, our poor fridge is stuffed with un-necessities. And when it finally broke down, what were we to do with the year’s supply of food? Luckily, my father has a fridge in his office, which is down the block from our house. So we moved some of the food there. We stuffed some of the other in our other fridge. And we tried to eat the rest of it for dinner. Four frozen dinners. A box of ready-made breadsticks. Nine frozen French bread pizzas. Two big bags of dumplings. Twenty steamed pork buns. Ten toasted garlic breads. I’m sick just remembering it. (Of course we didn’t finish all of this. Guess what I’ll be eating for the next week?!)

Upcoming post: In a post soon-to-come, I will talk about my experience working at the SPRING/BREAK Art Show. I’ve actually been working on this post for a couple days now, but I’ve been busy and there’s just so much to talk about and show in that post. But do anticipate it!

So yeah, just wanted to keep you all updated. Give little tidbits of my life.

[I like these posts. I think I’ll make these more frequently. It’s a good way to stay active on my ePortfolio. And these posts are easy on my brain, time, and energy.]

Until next time.

[About the featured image: I have quite the obsession with clouds. Whenever I see a striking arrangement of clouds in the sky, I capture it in a photograph. So, I present to you one of my cloud photographs. I think I’ll make a portfolio out of my countless cloud photos. Anyways, completely irrelevant to any of the notes in this post. But beautiful nonetheless. And that’s all that matters.]