Summer Plans

Hello friends! Pardon my absence. I have been lazy. No other excuse as to why I have not been posting. I express my deepest apologies.

That is why I am writing a post like this. My little updates posts are infinitely easier and quicker to write than my photo-experience ones.

So, what’s new? Well, I start school again tomorrow. Yay! It’s going to be SO. MUCH. FUN. Finishing off those requirements. Fantastic! *sarcasm*

But in all seriousness, I don’t actually mind my summer courses that much. Heck, they’re free! Yes, time spent riding the train to class and back home and time spent in class could be better spent relaxing at home or somewhere fun. However, if I didn’t have summer classes, I’d probably never leave home. So, at the very least, I’ll be productive and I’ll get some of that healthy vitamin D. (I think I should carry my camera and a blanket with me every day, in case spontaneity seizes me and I feel like being adventurous. A blanket you say? Yes, a blanket in case I feel like laying on the lawn on campus and pulling out the book I’m currently reading. In this case, I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. My goal for the summer is to finish at least half of the books I own (and this is me being an underachiever). But at this rate, it’s like I’m chasing at a goal that is running away from me and we’re both constantly running at the same speed. No progress. I thought that because all of the shows I watch ended two weeks ago, I’d have plenty of time to catch up on my reading. But, being the person that I am, I went searching for new shows to DVR. And behold! Every day, I have new episodes of BBC dramas. And on top of that, I have tons of Asian dramas piling up to watch. The cycle never ends! …I see that this parentheses has gone on quite along, with plenty of tangents and even a parentheses within the parentheses. Ha! Last thing, relating back to my original point: I promise to go at least one exciting place every week, whether it’s to the Bronx Zoo or to the Queens Library.)

Speaking of summer plans (actually, the whole post is about summer plans), in a previous post, I said I would show you a list of things I plan on doing these next few months. Well, I’ve made it! Here is my constantly changing list of goals: http://www.43things.com/people/resolutions/victoriatang. (Remember when I said I would try to do as many free things as possible. Looks like there are too many things that I really want to do that require money. :( Boo hoo.)

This list only includes exciting places/things to visit/do. For my more boring list of major goals though, I shall post them below:

1. Finish half of my books.
  2. Clean my room! (It’s absolutely horrendous right now.)
  3. Adapt a healthy lifestyle with a proper and balanced diet and a regular exercise routine.
  4. Attempt to post here every week. (I seem to have low expectations of myself.)
  5. Probably edit the categories of this eportfolio.
  6. Get my driver’s license.
  7. Finish re-reading the whole Harry Potter series.
  8. Further develop of photographing skills.
  9. Watch lots of dramas.

Okay, well that’s it for now.

An additional note: exciting stuff. I am trying to spend the Barnes & Noble gift card I received from Brooklyn College. Originally, I was planning on buying some of National Geographic’s photo guidebooks of places around the world. But then, I had a sudden desire to buy MORE books. Books that I either can’t get a hold of at the library, books that I know I won’t be able to finish even after renewing them three times, and books that I just want to collect. Additionally, I have an account at this fabulous site, paperbackswap.com, where you post your books and send them out when someone requests them. In turn, you get credits from which you can order from other members. The only thing you have to pay for is postage when you send out your books. Some from this site and from Barnes and Nobles, I shall be acquiring: The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings (three books in one volume), Gone with the Wind, The Faerie Queene (which oddly enough is sold as a textbook on B&N.com), The Mists of Avalon (for which I have requested and searched countless times at the Queens Library, but I CAN NEVER GET), The Mayor of Casterbridge, Jude the Obscure, and Far from the Madding Crowd. (As you can see, I’m planning on becoming a Thomas Hardy fan.)

Last note, if you happen to see me at any one of the places I shall be visiting, wave hello! Unfortunately, I won’t have cool buttons that say “I FOUND VICTORIA,” as Charlie McDonnell from YouTube’s charlieissocoollike has buttons that say “I FOUND CHARLIE.” Maybe one day. When I find sufficient reason to. But, this is going off topic. What I really wanted to say is this weekend is the FIGMENT event on Governor’s Island. I plan on being there. You should too if you like interactive art.

——

I did it again. I’ve misled you. Here’s my last last note. If you noticed the featured photo and wondered what it has to do with this post, fear not! I will enlighten you: it is merely a teaser to an upcoming post about one of my summer vacation expeditions.