A Month Gone By

A month has already passed and I have accomplished little.

For starters, remember when I said I’d attempt to post weekly. Well, attempt I did… And failed graciously. But no excuses. Now, the things I wanted to post have accumulated to an outrageous amount. It scares me.

I did clean my room. 3/4 at least. There’s still some tidying up to do.

I have barely touched a book on my shelves. I actually just started reading my copy of Persuasion by Jane Austen a couple days ago. The reason why it has taken me so long to pick up the task is that I only recently finished the whole Harry Potter series. So at least I accomplished one thing! I read all seven books non-stop for about a month. I averaged five days per book. I actually finished the sixth book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in two days. It was an amazing journey to relive my childhood. And the exhilaration I experience while devouring these novels was incomparable. Maybe in five years time, when I’m bored again, I’ll retake this journey. Now, I am in the midst of a Harry Potter movie marathon. Only one or two films each day, otherwise my eyes would bleed.

But on that note, I recently took up the habit of borrowing DVDs from the Queens Library. I went through all four seasons of The Tudors in less than two weeks. Insanity. Then, I went through both seasons of Downton Abbey in five days. (I think I would have gone through the second season in just one day if I did not have other obligations.) And now, I just finished the first season of Game of Thrones in three days. All fabulous shows! I’m very into these period dramas. (This is another reason why I haven’t gotten to posting or reading.)

On that note, I would like to say that if you have not watched Downton Abbey, I highly recommend it. At first, I thought it’d be boring. But from the second episode on, I was hooked. Almost all the characters are fleshed out. And all of their roles are significant. None of the (many, I should say) characters feel neglected in the show (unlike Glee…). I also love their women’s outfits! Game of Thrones is another fantastic series. I have yet to read the book, but watching the first season has encouraged me to do so. Other shows I have taken a high interest in recently are Merlin and Doctor Who. I’m recording them from BBC America on my DVR (and I have been neglecting the episodes in order to finish the shows I just talked about. The episodes are piling up to a monstrous number.) And from watching all these, I have not had the time to watch any Korean, Japanese or Taiwanese dramas. But oh well. The time will come.

As for adapting a healthy lifestyle, I’m half way there. I exercise daily. But my eating is still horrendous. Haha….

And for all the other things on my goals list, I have not yet accomplished.

Until the next post — see you later!