Slava Brodetskiy

Hello!
My name is Svyatoslav Brodetskiy, but everyone calls me Slava. I’m a freshman at Baruch College, double-majoring in Economics and Philosophy and anticipating a career in either venture capital or private equity. I emigrated from Odessa, Ukraine in 1997 and grew up in Brooklyn, New York where I reside today.

In my spare time I enjoy reading about the markets, discussing national politics, playing soccer, exercising, and wasting away hours on Facebook in between. Otherwise, I spend my time developing Baruch College through student government initiatives, caffeinating myself with a Venti jug of Starbucks’ Pike Place Roast, or napping (rather crashing.)

As an econ-philosophy double-major, I am particularly interested in corporate management ethics and investment analysis. However, I also happen to be fascinated by cultural evolutions and how traditions develop, change, and dissolve in time. Whether, it’s the evolution of independent hip-hop music, the progression of computer usage, or the advancement of economic schools of thought, every lifestyle of every generation has a culture of its own; some survive longer than others, but all are impermanent. This appears to be true especially in the work I’ve done on this site. As I have never celebrated or acknowledged Victory Day in the past, my own disregard falls in line with the domestic decline of the holiday that I report.