Cool Projects

All my fellow Macaulay Honors peeps did a great job in each of their projects. Here’s the list of my  Top 5:

5. “JULLIARD” – This project was great because the authors introduced me to a whole new element that I had never used before in iMovie: the cool templates. I think using the scrapbook template to make the video is a refreshing new spin on making a video. The song they picked was also riveting and kept my interest.

4. “CUNY Timeline” – The use of the dipity app was awesome. I never knew about this app and so I really enjoyed the creativity that the app has to offer. I also like how the app allows for pictures as well. I know this app will come in handy in my IDC class now and in the future.

3. “A Walk Along Broadway” – This project was really cool and fun. I had never seen Google Maps used this way. I enjoyed the cute icons the authors chose and the fact that they were also able to embed video into one of the icons. It was a really unique project and I enjoyed it immensely.

2. “Adventure at B&N” – This project really caught my eye because it was in podcast form but also played like a movie. I’ve only knew that one could include pictures in podcast and didn’t know movie videos, transitions, slides, and music can also be added too. I love Barnes and Nobles and the quirky, funny commentary by the authors.

1. “Broke, Hungry, and Honors” – Last but definitely not least, my favorite project is this. The use of the voicethread  app impressed me the most. I think the project was very clean, funny, and informative. I really like how the authors took advantage of all the features that voicethread had to offer. I like how voicethread allows interactivity from the viewer and also allows the authors to scribble ON the actual picture. It’s like a smartboard, but not really. I also like this project because it discussed food, my favorite topic!

I am really excited about trying out some of the apps that I saw here for my own classes and in my personal projects. I think these cool interactive apps will provide me with an advantage in presentations because they are different from the average video or powerpoint.