Complexions

Complexions was the first ballet performance I’ve ever been to! I was really excited! I always wondered how a ballet show would be like. I was really curious how it would turn out from seeing the videos in class. I wondered if it was going to be similar to the videos. I was surprised how strict they would be that we couldn’t even take pictures. I didn’t know that they would be that strict. I really liked how I was in the front though.

As the music started, I was surprised by the outfits. It was tight clothing that I could see the muscles of the dancers. I was glad we went over some of the performances in class. I realized that as they danced, their muscles were emphasized and I realized that it was part of the dance. That was one of the main points. I was interested in the second part of the performance which was the one with no music. I felt like it was tap dancing. Also, the parts when they stomped their feet were cool. I never knew ballet could be like this.

My favorite part was the last part. I really like how they wore clothing that people would wear these days. Also, they had music with lyrics. I didn’t know if that was allowed but I was excited. The upbeat music with the dance and lyrics was perfect. I clapped along to the dance. It was fun to watch and it told a story as the dancers danced to the lyrics.

I’ve noticed or felt that the parts all had to do something with love. Maybe, I was the only one who felt like that. Also, I really loved the passion of all the dancers. They danced and acted and their face showed how much they loved what they were doing. I even felt that their sweat helped with their dancing as they showed their passion. It was a realyl interesting performance and I’m grateful that I had a chance to see it.