Walking into the course I was extremely scared for this class since prior to this class I have not had the best experiences in my science classes. However, I was pleasantly surprised because the course was not science intensive. Considering many of us are not in a science or science-related field this was extremely helpful. Learning the basics such as doing scientific research and the scientific process helped for the course but is also going to be something that I can carry on in my future endeavors. Research is imperative for numerous fields and so is understanding how to ask and what makes a good question.

A minor issue I had with the class was during any of the classes that required laptop use. The class where we created atoms on our laptops was confusing and I did not learn much from it. Had there had been a class beforehand that explained what we were doing it would have been more useful. While there was an explanation during the class I was so confused trying to figure out how to use the application during the lesson I wasn’t paying much attention to what was being said. As for the excel chart making class, it made it so that only the person who had prior excel knowledge worked on it only. I do believe had this had been an individual it would have been more useful.

I preferred having 2 less science intensive labs rather than having one more thorough science packed lab just because I do not have a science background and doing so would have made me extremely confused in class. Learning what would be considered to be more simple and less in depth was a good introduction to science. I enjoyed that the labs were related common things that are in our everyday lives because it made a connection which made the labs much more enjoyable. I also loved the quick class experiments such as the fire lighting of hands and the snowmaking because it was a quick and memorable way of learning about chemical reactions. 

This class helped me manage my time management skills when having numerous assignments all due within a short amount of time. This is something I have constantly struggled with so I appreciate this class helping me figure out how to prioritize. I had a great time in this class and will miss it for sure happy holidays to everyone!