When I think about this class, I find it ironic because it is supposed to be about the Sciences of the New York, but the projects we did only applied to New York in that it was data that was collected in New York. I feel that there are aspects to science unique to New York that can be explored to make the class more New York centric.

I enjoyed the labs. It wasn’t the first time I was in a lab. I had to do labs in high school as well, but something made it different. Also, the lab reports were made easy to do by the instructions given to us and that made the workload bearable in comparison to other classes.

An issue I had with the class was doing two projects at the same time. I understand that the class was structured that way so that we have options, but when we chose which one we wanted to do, we should’ve worked 100% on that project instead of splitting the work between two projects. One thing about the way the main project of the class was structured was that there were several things we had to submit before the final project was due. Having those small things due in between the day the project was assigned and the day the project was due helped out my time management skills.

This class was an interesting experience for me. It originally felt like an obligation and it still feels that way, but that doesn’t mean that there were things I was able to take advantage of while I was in the class. This class was less “traditional science” than normal and more “data science” than normal. That made it a better experience than if it was a traditional science class and scientific jargon was used the whole semester. The class allowed me to work muscles that I haven’t worked in a very long time. It also showed me how data science and data analytics can be widely used for basically most things in life.