Hello everyone!

Thanks again for your attention today with regard to the map tutorial. Just a reminder that you should only be creating ONE layer in this course, and that is the one with your last name as a title to which you will add all future markers. You should not be creating your own layers for lions or anything else. I saw a couple of people accidentally added a layer when they meant to add a marker. I’ve since deleted it — so please re-do as a marker.

In general, think of markers as points on the map, whereas the layers are the base map itself. Every time you want to log your views of artwork, you will be adding a marker because you are adding a point to the map. The layers are simply to keep track of different maps: there is your personal map (the layer with your last name), and then there is a map for every assignment (which I will create), and then there is the master class map which will automatically incorporate every single marker. After today, you will ONLY be adding markers, not new layers.

Remember that every time you add a marker, you need to assign it to a layer. We will let you know what layers you need. You’ll always default by assigning your markers to your own personal layer.

We’ll go over this again in class on the 25th.

As a reminder, I am available for any tech questions. If you are having any kind of problem, or difficulty, or issue involving your computer or tech at Baruch, you can feel free to ask me. Because we don’t have a Monday this week or next, I will be having office hours tomorrow, Wednesday the 5th, from 12-2 at 138 E 26th st, room 306.

-Jake