Let’s Build

Whenever we go anywhere in NYC, we always see construction at train stations outside and within. These improvements directly impact our daily commutes. Our subway fares just increased as well. One of the groups in our class analyzed the effects as well as new solutions to an existing problem. While on the train, there’s always questions I wonder, does anyone clean the trains? What if there’s a big spill or garbage, is there a department or team for that? Can people actually hear the announcements that the conductor makes at every station on the R/W? How do trains operate during rush hour when there is a train ever 2 minutes? Why don’t we have safety measures in place such as how Asia has screen doors in front of the tracks so people can’t fall in? Why doesn’t the U.S. take initiatives to adapt and utilize technology for one of the biggest industries going forward? How do these “improvements” affect our environment? Is it more harmful than helpful? I leave these up to y’all I guess.

This entry was posted in NYC Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Let’s Build

1. Makinoon Sami says:

Well, it’s a bureaucracy in the MTA, so I think they don’t plan well internally to allocate their budget to spend on stuff that actually matters. To your answer on cleaning, so I get on the last stop and I always see MTA workers cleaning the cars before trains leaves the stop again. I am not sure if they would have the budget to install safety screens in every platform.

2. Douglas Muzzio says:

Thanks for providing the questions. What about answers? Yes subway cars are “cleaned” daily.