The Choreography of The Valley of Astonishment was quite interesting. After the actor was done playing a role for that scene, they went to the stage right near the back to change into their doctor gowns or they went back stage. Most of the movement during the play was the furniture (the table and chairs).

A very different choreography came up during the painting scene. One of the actors was on the floor sweeping around with his hands. He also got up, walked toward the back of the stage and pretended that there was a huge white canvas. There, he threw imaginary paint on to it, making a lot more movement that any other scene. He did pretty well in depicting a character that sees color whenever he hears sounds, dictating what his brain is.

Another dramatic scene was when a woman who was nervous because she was running out of memory wrote all the numbers in her brain onto paper to burn them. She asked Jared to burn them for her. In this scene, Jared took out a lighter and pretended to burn papers. He started from the floor of the stage, moving his lighter slowly around the center of the stage. He slowly moved the lighter up, showing the audience that the fire is burning up.

Overall, this play was very different from other plays and Broadway shows that I’ve encountered. I have seen a show with two actors taking control of the entire stage but I was able to tell what character they were playing. However, in this play, the change in scenes and characters were very abrupt and the ending seemed to be very out of blue. However, I did enjoy their acting and the story line.