When I first walked into Carnegie Hall I was awe-struck. It was beautiful. The gold accents against the white walls and ceilings and red velvet seats gave the hall an elegant feel. I had never been to a concert like this before so I did not know what to expect.

Anne-Sophie Mutter herself was a graceful vision in yellow. She played the violin with such experienced hands. What I liked was how Mutter brought forward the soloist violinists to play with her. The sound of the soft, high notes of the violins was complimented by the lower notes of the cellos and double base. The swaying movement of the musicians also contributed to the rhythm of the music.

Moreover, I liked how the musicians played classical music but also added some modern pieces. I think that if we don’t include modern pieces such as those, we will always be stuck in the past and future generations will not remember the musicians today.

Honestly I never took an interest in classical music and orchestras so this was a new experience for me and I’m glad I was there to see it.