An Expatriate Halloween

We had big plans for Halloween, and we accomplished most of them. Candy was bought, costumes were donned, dancing occurred, and I didn’t get back to my room until around 7 or 8 in the morning. I deem thee a success, Halloween in Logroño!

Of course, I had nothing to dress up in because you can only take one suitcase on the plane, so I used fancy stuff that I had and did my best to look like a principal. The strict over the glasses glare that I developed for the part made everyone crack up. They were amused and a little intimidated at the same time, which made me laugh because I’m not scary.

Surprisingly, I saw a good amount of kids in great costumes. The adults here really don’t seem to care about this holiday, but the niños just want some candy. Very understandable. I danced so much in the disco and my muscles are total jelly today. After the disco we went to eat at Döner Kebab and it tasted soooo good 🙂 I really love falafel.

One thing I haven’t had here is Chinese food. I know it exists, I’m just a bit wary of the Spain version :p

I think I’ll devote a whole blog to it when I do consume some “chinese” cuisine here.

Toodles and *BOO*

Love

Julia

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.