On Living Better (nope, it’s not about your life ;)

I love teaching English! I think I’ll always end up doing it on the side 😀 However, my Mami helped me face the facts and realize what I actually want to do with my life! Working for an NGO that helps immigrants is…….wait for it…………

SUPER VAGUE!

Therefore, I had to be forced to think about the reality of being in management before realizing that a social work-like job is SO MUCH BETTER. Because I love people. I decided to work with immigrants because I love people and I want to help them directly. I like teaching because I’m helping directly. Therefore, why not add a second minor: Psychology!

As most of you know, I’m an animal-loving, world-helping, hippie sort of person that wants to go into the Peace Corps… Sooo my hopeful second minor would help me get into the Master’s International Program of International Youth and Family Development at the University of Montana. It will be very hard to do a master’s and two minors in my remaining TWO years at City College, depending on which Spanish classes my credits here go towards. o.O

thrown out... mushrooms. Ironic? Yes. Sad? Yuh, cuz I like mushrooms now!

I’m working on it right now. *.* ——btw I just had to throw out some food… Ugh… living with only one other person is not good for the amounts of food you get when you buy a package.. Don’t look to the left… don’t do it. 🙁

Moooooo-ving on (like cows, which actually utilize their food quite well), the title of this blog was actually based on how I always rely on other people to make decisions, so it sucks that I got off track for like–WAIT A SECOND! OMG hahaha I didn’t get off track! I wanted to talk about how I rely on other people to make decisions…. which is how I made my “second minor” decision. With my Mami. Oh, me. Crazy gal.

So, since I’ve been purposefully writing with a clear thesis the whole time, I am now, as I completely planned out in the first place, talking about how I never clean. What? Yeah, that’s right. When I don’t clean my house, I’m mentally blaming everyone else who lives there for not cleaning… As in, “They’re not cleaning, so why should I?”

That goes back perfectly to how I rely on the actions and words of others to make decisions. Well, after a week of living alone because Kelly went to France, I realized I hate dirt. I started finally doing the dishes, and bought cleaning supplies, which have not been here for the first five months…. hehehe….?

Point being, if one relies on the actions of others to form one’s own actions, that is usually not useful, because you don’t know what they’re thinking. If someone says something that makes no sense or is just to their benefit, don’t follow that advice. However, relying on other people to HELP with your decisions isn’t bad. As long as they are your decisions. Also, talk to your mother a lot. Unless she is less awesome than mine, which she probably is. I’m sorry 😉

Well, I’m off to learn some latin dancing and then do homework, plan my trip to Amsterdam, and plan my life all night.

Much love,

Julia

P.S. I found “hard” tofu!! And then made this:

yup. tofu scramble... for dinner... mmmmmmmhhhmmmmm<3

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to On Living Better (nope, it’s not about your life ;)