It’s Saint Patrick’s Day!! (and I am DEFINITELY not getting pinched)

At this hostel… nope HOTEL (which is why it costs more even though it’s super far away from the center) the computers are pay as you go.. soooo I forked over 2 euros for 20 minutes of facebook and blogging time. Yesterday, we went to the mall, Kim and I went on the worst spending spree we have ever seen, and then bought some smoothies to christen our epic brokeness. But I got my shamrock tights!

Because it was rainy, the time we spent in the epicness of the St. Stephen’s Green mall-which I am not sure but think might be the biggest mall in Europe-was actually good. Upon exiting the green frenzy of pre-St. Patty’s shoppers, I forced Kim to learn a random dance with me. There was a stage set up and a guy teaching steps to the crowd while a team of four dancers on the stage did it. The big screen showed the four dancers for a while and then cut to the crowd. If you look hard you can see the back of my head. The pic will be up soon, I just have no way of uploading it 🙁

We ended up going to Temple Bar, like all the other tourists and the brave locals that can deal with the idiot foreigners hehehehe… There was a really cool band on the street outside the bar we were at, so we listened for a while. There was also a Papa John’s, so I bought myself a small veggie pizza and replaced the cheese with pineapple. Awkward vegan veggie-fruit combo for the win! It was yummyyyyy

The hotel is nice. It’s a hotel. We have pillows and blankets and our own showers. Although I preferred the shower at Avalon House :p

The ride on the bus takes a while, but reaching the center of Dublin isn’t a hassle. There’s a million other green tourists hopping around down here in the lobby at the moment. It’s 9:16, I have 4 minutes left on my computer time, and the parade starts at 12. Also, I haven’t had breakfast.

I am wearing shamrock tights, a green dress that I bought at Logrostock, a giant green bow on my head, and the zippery boots that I got from a friend.

Love to all and HAPPY SAINT PATRICK’S DAY!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-Julia

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.