Where’s my love – SYML (BP6)

Where’s My Love by SYML was the first song I could think of when I thought of magnificent and exquisite music that has changed for me over time. I do love the lyrics in this song but the piano is what truly pulls me under the water in this one. Disregarding the lyrics, the melody of the piano still brings to me the same mood and tones that the lyrics do. It is a melody of yearning and passion for me.

I provided a link to a live performance by the artist. His piano playing is what is the most powerful and I can easily think of Copeland when watching or listening to this performance. I definitely found this piece to be melancholy and unbelievably moving.

In terms of colors, I see many shades of blues and hues of grey clashing together. I see them mixing in to paint a dark ocean current hugging the shore. It’s cold and blue and grey and yet somehow hopeful. I listen to this song particularly thinking of the expressive plane. I don’t listen to this kind of music to escape, but rather to feel more and express some unknown feelings. It’s the movement of the passion in this song through the piano that is what really captivates me. It’s not as heavy as either Beethoven or Tchaikovsky but it is still as powerful to me, personally. This is definitely a cry-all-night song for me which is another reason as to why I’m in love with this music.

One thought on “Where’s my love – SYML (BP6)”

1. You obviously have a great taste in music, as this song was absolutely beautiful, and you could feel the pain coming out of his voice. I really loved this song. It’s very emotional, which I absolutely love in a song. Speaking of emotional, is it bad that I cried after reading your comment from my post? I’m being 100% serious about this as I never have felt so close to someone I have never really spoke with (besides a conversation here and there). This band means the world to me, and it also means the world to me how much you understand that. I never feel like people understand my type of music with all the crap people sing about today, but you obviously do. I also am a HUGE fan of music puns. I actually made a bunch of lyrical references in my post (like Nothing Lasts Forever and Leaving California).

I “Don’t Know Nothing” about you, but I want you to “Get Back in My Life” because this could be the “Last Chance” we have to create a “Story” of our friendship. Let’s do this soon so we don’t have any more “Wasted Years” without each other, but “How” can we do it? I’m not a “Fortune Teller”, but you seem like a great “Woman” to talk to this “Chilly Winter.” I’ll be so “Sad” and in “Misery” if you decline this friendship opportunity, but “Nothing Lasts Forever”, not even the hatred you will have for me after all these stupid puns!

P.S.
    Expect a big hug from me tomorrow!!! Anyways, this is my “Beautiful Goodbye” (I couldn’t resist!).