World Domination by a Young [not] Prodigy

I recently saw a video of a three-year-old piano prodigy playing the keyboard with all her heart. She is brown skinned, dark-eyed, and has a a considerably long name: yes, you guessed it, it was a video of me.

I’ve got to tell you though, I was (and am) no prodigy, nor did I know how to play the piano. I was, however, three years old when that video was taken. I also put every bit of my heart into playing the keyboard, although it didn’t sound ANYWHERE near as good as the piece I have chosen for this blog post (Sorry, I can’t post the video of me here, in fear of causing immediate danger to you and those around you; I can guarantee your device will catch fire)

This piece, “All of Me” by Jon Schmidt (attached, watch the whole thing!!!), is the epitome of modern piano music. It’s a very bright yet suspense filled song, and there are numerous melodies (I like to call them thoughts) that occur; you’re at the edge of your seat pretty much the whole time.

When I wasn’t beating myself up about the fact that the Schmidt has more talent in one hair of his head (P.S. He has no hair) than I in my entirety will ever have, the song made me feel like I just conquered the world. The music sounds like something you would play whilst (yes I said whilst, I have to sound classy at some point) dominating the world.