Project Pitch

My idea falls under the “future” category.  Originally I thought this would be the weakest category, but I think I’ve potentially got a good amount of material – I’m planning to tell the story of a freshman friend of mine at Stony Brook University.  You would never be able to tell by looking at him, or even by casually knowing him, but he writes complex and impressive rap lyrics and is attempting to create a mixtape to get his voice heard.  At the same time, he’s majoring in engineering and studying electronics.  It really is an impressive story (especially because he’s been doubted his whole life) and it’s still in progress, and I thought I would write a short article, interview him Rolling-Stone-magazine-style, and put up audio of some of his music that I’ve actually had a part in producing and finally provide an image of the house he’s lived in his whole life until recently.

3 thoughts on “Project Pitch”

1. Michael, I like how you’re approaching this project from a unique angle. Although it’s not an immigration story, it’s a personal journey filled with similar struggles and triumphs. I think it’s very creative and will make for a great project! I can’t wait to read your article and listen to his music.

2. I like that you’re taking an alternative approach to this assignment, like Ledia said. My only question would be was this guy born in New York City?

3. Thanks, Ledia! Appreciate your support. As for your question, Will, he was born in Brooklyn and still lives there, Sheepshead Bay area.