Next week’s final exam

The final exam will be a take-home exam. It will be posted on this site on Monday, May 19, at 8 a.m., and a paper copy will be due in class on Wednesday, May 21.

The exam will require you to write an essay in response to a writing prompt. In your essay, you will have to make use of course readings as well as information learned from guest speakers and the research you conducted for your assignments and the New York Dreams site.

Questions, comments, concerns — please post a comment here!

Yes, the featured image (compliments of Pedro Szekely) is misleading.

4 thoughts on “Next week’s final exam”

1. I have 4 finals, not including the final for this class, all between Monday the 19th and Wednesday the 21st. If this is the plan for our final, I have two choices:
    1. Abdicate studying entirely between Monday and Wednesday to work on essay
    2. Abdicate essay to work on studying for 4 finals.

Considering the weight of 4 finals versus one, I think the point is clear. There would simply be no time for me to work on this paper between Monday and Wednesday.

2. in response to Carl’s comment, just FYI, the exam isn’t due until 7 p.m. on the evening of the final class, May 21, and since you would ordinarily take the exam during that class — plus it shouldn’t take more than an hour — it should actually be easier than otherwise because you’ll have a few days to mull the question. And trust me, if you’ve done the reading, come to class regularly and taken notes during class, the exam should present no problems. It’s also not hugely long.
    any questions, just let me know.
    cr

3. I’d like to make a point of some sort. I have three difficult finals, one on Monday, one on Tuesday, and one on Wednesday. These require a lot of effort and a lot of time. I would therefore like to request that the final be posted early, because I believe it would be more convenient for those of us who have finals spread out over the week. We could take a little bit more time if it were posted Friday, so we can devote some of our weekend to it rather than manically trying to squeeze it in before class.