Mid-semester message from Professor Rosenblum

A message from Professor Rosenblum:

Now that we’re at the one-third mark of the semester, I wanted to mention a few things.

First, I was deeply impressed by the way all of you handled the assignment on an immigrant journey. Your essays were vivid, imaginative, moving, and especially successful in maintaining a consistent tone of voice – no easy task even for professional writers. They were a pleasure to read. So please, take a look on our site at how your classmates handled the assignment. I think you’ll enjoy what you find.

Re: posting comments on the class website, many thanks to students who have posted or commented on interesting articles. And a reminder: Not only will posting on the site make the class work better, a portion of your grade will be determined by how much you take part in discussion on the site throughout the timespan of the class – not just at the end, with a flurry of posts. So please, contribute, chime in, comment – all contributions will be very welcome.

Also, for any students who would like to arrange a conference to discuss their writing assignments to date, I’m happy to arrange times either before or after class. Just let me know by email when you’d like to meet.