Geovanni Suquillo

Geovanni Sequillo is soloist who also enjoys playing the music of Latin America. While he does play certain Andean styles, he also plays more modern music such as cumbia or techno. Prior to playing in New York, he used to play his music in Florida. Geovanni is well known for playing at the “Concert for Human Rights”. This concert took place in Flushing New York. The reason the location is important is that there is a large Latin American community in flushing that is able to appreciate the work of Geovanni Sequillo.

The above piece is a sample of Geovanni Sequillo’s music. Once again, I see the presence of the pan flute. Because the pan flute is rather important to Andean culture, I wasn’t surprised to see it. As for the public, I saw a group of people gathering around Geovanni. While the average time that people stayed to listen for was not long, I found that the time in which these performers are playing their music plays a huge role. Unlike Espirtu Andino, I was able to listen to Geovanni Sequillo during rush hours. This justifies the reason why I may have seen a larger crowd gathered around. When I asked him how tips differ during different times of the day, he told me that now is when it gets good.