My project starts by describing how Ishay Ribo grew up, specifically regarding his relationship with music which led him to be the first Orthodox Jew to perform at Madison Square Garden. I then analyze three of his songs and discuss his successful collaborations with other Jewish artists, emphasizing that his music connects to all Jews from varying walks of life. Lastly, I articulate why I thought Ishay Ribo aligned with the theme of Arts and New York City.
I want people to learn from my project that amplifying your passion, even if it hasn’t been conventionally achieved just yet, is possible with determination and passion on hand.
When I first heard about the project, I wanted to pick a topic that was specifically meaningful to me but that was in line with the instructions. I realized Ishay Ribo reminded me of many of the artists I learned about in my seminar as he utilized his diverse background and created art that is unique and authentic. I then recalled how amazed I was when I attended Ishay Ribo’s performance at Madison Square Garden this past September and solidified my commitment to the topic.

View my project here:
Ishay Ribo’s Modern Take on Jewish Music