Somehow I actually got here!!

Five days removed from the visa debacle (I may decide to explain it at a later point but right now I am still angry and annoyed when I think about it all), I am finally moved in to my LSE dorm and am in London to stay.

The past few days have been a quick introduction to Europe and British people. Upon arriving at Heathrow on Thursday morning, we made our way on the Tube to Picadilly Circus to waste time before our 10 pm bus ride to Amsterdam. Luckily we were able to find WiFi and used the time explore some of the city.

That night, we took a 12 hr long bus ride from Victoria Coach Station in London to Amstel Station in Amsterdam. In order to cross the Channel, our bus boarded the train at the EuroTunnel, it was pretty cool eventhough I slept through most of it. Once in Amsterdam, we relied on public transportation to get us to Centraal Station near our hostel. Overall, the trip to Amsterdam was great and I am happy that I was able to go. There was even a free walking tour that mixed Amsterdam’s history with its current reputatation. By the second day, I was almost okay with the constant smell of marijuana down each street but still could not dismiss the girls in the windows of the Red Light District.

Anyway, I am back in London and hope to post an update regarding my dorm and London life ASAP.

About Steph Fox

My name is Stephanie Fox and I am in the process of embarking on a study abroad experience in London for my Junior year at the Macaulay Honors College at Hunter College. I will be in London from September 15th through the end of June studying Economics and Political Science (my major) at the London School of Economics. I hope to use this blog to document my experiences while away.

One Response to Somehow I actually got here!!