The Break of Noon

When I heard we we’re going to an off-Broadway play, I was really excited, because all other off-Broadway plays I’ve seen have been amazing. This play was not as good as the other one’s I’ve seen, but I still enjoyed it despite the fact that I could barely see anything from my seat.

When i walked into the theater, I was shocked at how small it was. I guess I haven’t been to an off-Broadway show in a long time, and I didn’t remember the theaters being so small. Even though the theater was so small, I still thought the turn out was really good. The theater was packed and every seat was filled. It gave me the impression that the show was supposed to be really good.

I really didn’t like the first scene. i thought it was boring, and I felt like the actor’s emotion was lacking. He had just survive a terrible trauma, and I thought he should sound a lot more upset than he did. He was forcing tears and it seemed like he was trying to make it sound like it was an impromptu speech without preparation, but it was so obvious that it wasn’t. I also thought he cursed too much. He was forcing his emotions too much, and not even successfully pulling them off.

This happened throughout the entire play, or at least this is what I saw throughout the entire play. The acting was unnatural, and a lot of the things that the actors and actresses said, not just the main character were weird and awkward things that no one would ever say in real life. Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem in a play for me, but it seemed like the whole point of this play was to sound natural. It was a modern play. The acting should have been better.

Besides the poor acting skills, I liked the play. I thought it was a good idea for a play. And some scenes were really funny. I loved the scene with the television host. It was priceless. The lady who played the television host was amazing I thought. She brought life to the play that the main character didn’t. I appreciated her for that.

All in all, it was a good play and I would recommend it to anyone who isn’t offended by too much cursing.

“>

This entry was posted in Rebecca Zielkowski, The Break of Noon. Bookmark the permalink.